Thursday, July 11, 2019

Traveler's Notebook Challenge with Suzanna

Hey everyone, Suzanna here! I'm excited to be sharing a traveler's notebook layout with y'all today. If you're familiar with my previous TN projects I've shared here on the blog, you'll know that I base my TN challenges off the size of a TN, not necessarily whether the layout ends up in a TN. For this project in particular, I decided last minute to pop it into my Life Crafted album instead of into my TN insert.


I loved the colors in this month's Life Crafted kit and wanted to focus on my color palette, while keeping the layout simple. I think I accomplished that goal and am happy with the way it turned out!


I cut one of the patterned papers down to my 4x8" traveler's notebook size. Then, layered a few other patterned papers behind my photo. On the right side, I used two journaling cards from the kit. The orange card served as the pop of color on my layout, and also as a place for my journaling.


My favorite part of this layout is the "LOVE" journaling card. I stamped three simple phrases in crisp black ink across each word. It's a simple embellishment, but I love the bold statement it adds!


Using puffy stickers, die cuts, and chipboard pieces from the kit, I added embellishments to the left side of my layout. Then, stamped a simple phrase below my cluster to finish off that side.


I decided to add my layout into my Life Crafted album because I had the perfect spot for it. If I wanted to add this to a TN insert instead, I would simply add a pocket page in to my insert as a tip-in (using washi tape) - easy peasy!


And now for the challenge pieces - I have two for you today! First, I challenge you to try a new layout style in your TN. Whether that's adding in a pocket page or a fold-out, just try something new! Second, I challenge you to use your stamps as your main form of embellishing on your layout.

I hope this inspires you to jump out of your comfort zone and try new things! I'll see you soon with more crafty inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment