Wednesday, July 31, 2019

"Happy Moment", simple grid layout with Emma


Hi CTK friends!  Emma on the blog today with the a super simple little grid layout!  I am a big fan of grids when creating layouts; they're so easy to work with and help speed up the creative process for me.  And I have to confess that this would be the most basic little grid layout ever - because it's just one single grid line all the way down your page!  How easy right?! ;) 

Here's a look at my page:


I just adore all the Die-Cut Cardstock Ephemera included in the Life Crafted "Best of This Life" kit this month and I wanted to use so many of the fun pieces in my layout so lining them up in a single grid down the middle of my page meant I could include them all!


I used one of the 6x8 cardstock papers for my base (went with the neutral grid paper!) and I started by centering my photo on the page - then picked some of the bigger ephemera pieces and positioned them above/below the photo.  Once I had the placements set I added in few of the smaller pieces to fill in some of the "white space" left on my page.


I fixed all the ephemera pieces using double-sided tape but I added a bit of machine stitching to a few pieces for a bit of added texture (in coordinating cotton of course!).


This is just a fun little page about some of the paper pages I've created recently (I've been having a bit of with paints) so I used a few of the stamp sentiments as my journaling.  I used the This Is Life "Chasing Curiosities" Stamp and Life Crafted Travelers Notebook Stamp (and Life Crafted kit stamp of course!).

Then I popped a few of the Puffy Stickers with Cardstock Topping around my page (I love, love, love these exclusive puffy stickers) on top of the ephemera and finished my page off with a few of the Enamel Shape Stickers (are these not the cutest little stickers? Perfect size!).





I'm super happy how this page finished up and it was such a quick, easy one to put together - which is such a huge win with me at the moment (never seem to be enough hours in the day!). 

Although I think I love it mostly because of the fun colours included in this month's kit - it will be no surprise to anyone that knows me, that this is hands-down my most favourite Life Crafted kit yet. 


Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today - I hope you are loving the July Life Crafted kit as much as I am.  I (and all of our Creative Team) truly love seeing your works on our Facebook Fanpage so please remember to share your pages there!

Take care, Em xo


No comments:

Post a Comment