Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sunday Sketch With Aimee

 


Hey there Citrus Twist friends! It's Aimee here showing off this week's Sunday Sketch! As usual this sketch was a breeze to work from especially since it's a grid! Let's take a look at the sketch and I'll walk you through my adaptations and the products. 


As you can see it's a super fun grid design and a full page layout. I opted to leave it this format but it could easily be adapted to travelers notebook size too. I really loved the Flea Market Findings Vol. 2 die cut piece at the top of the sketch that says, "snap shot of the day" and I let this guide my photos for the page. I selected photos of a rather lazy Sunday morning and told our story. 



I followed the sketch rather closely and selected patterned paper from the Flea Market Finding Vol. 2 6x8.25 inch paper pack and trimmed them down into 2x2 inch pieces. The sketch calls for frames but unfortunately I didn't have any — no worries it still looks great without them! Once I got my squares lined up with my photos  I ran the layout through my sewing machine and stitched along the edges of the squares for some added texture. 


After the stitching was done I got to work dressing up all my little squares and adorning them with all kinds of bits and bobs. I used die cuts and tags from the new Flea Market Vol. 2 Kit and layered them up for interest and the Flea Market Findings Puffy Stickers add a lot of dimension.


Now, I thought about not including the title portion of the sketch but when I looked at my photos I decided that a title would give a lot more context to the layout so I decided on, "livin' easy" after song lyrics. Hands up if you're familiar with the tune! I used the Sunshine Puffy Alpha to spell out the title and I really can't get enough of this gorgeous yellow alpha! It's one of my favorites! 


I did some subtle grey stamping around the page with this small but mighty Citrus Twist 3x4inch stamp set from my stash and added some enamel dots to either side of my title. 


This sketch can be as simple or as complex as you'd like— if you're like me you'll love adding all sorts of different layers and products to the collage! It's a really fun opportunity to stretch your creativity and use up some goodies. I hope you'll give this week's sketch a try and that you've walked away inspired. 


Affectionately, 




No comments:

Post a Comment