Sunday, August 29, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to share this week' sketch.   We love sketches, as they are one of the fastest and easiest ways to create  a page in no time.   Let me  show you the sketch for the week:




I have to say that this sketch looks so challenging on paper, but once you pull your photos, embellishments and papers it just works. Here is what I created using the August Add-on kit and the sketch as inspiration...




My first choice was to use the sketch in my April Life Crafted album.   For this, I literally zoomed in the sketch to the to just the area around the photos.   If you look closely -at the zoomed in version- the sketch forms a loose grid design.   



  


I started with Paige Evans'  Bungalow Lane collection -paper 15- for the base layer for my photos.   Once, I had the photo and paper on my layout.  I decided to go for a monochromatic look for the layout.   For this, I used tones of teal for all the embellishments in the Add-on kit as well as the Travelogue puffy and chipboard stickers.   I placed these following the sketch.




I took a bit more of freedom when it came to the other side of my layout.   I kept the location and general embellishing idea from the sketch for the second photo of this layout.  I decided to repeat the circular embellishments in this side of the spread, too.




I think one of the biggest freedoms I took with the sketch was in the title area of the layout.  I decided to bring the layered ephemera pieces from the top left corner of the sketch to the area below the title.  Then moved the small label from the right of the title to the bottom of the page.   I kept the small strip of  paper at the bottom of the layout as in the sketch, but decided to use the neutral paper  from the add-on kit -also used behind the photos-.




I love how this turned out, and how easy it came together using the new August Add-on kit.   Now it is your turn to create a new page inspired by the sketch and share with us your projects.  Remember to tag us @citrustwistktis #citrustwistkits #CTKSketch when you share your projects on social media.  We love to see what you create !


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment