Saturday, August 14, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Desiree

 


Happy Saturday crafty friends!  I am here today to share this week's 3-to-Inspire.  

The 3 items on the list today are:

1. Stamps
2. Journaling cards
3. Puffy stickers


I decided to do a 12x12 layout with my picks.  Once I saw the lovely patterns and soft colors of the journaling cards, I knew I wanted them to be my focus and wanted to layer them.  So I got to work with the new Citrus Twist 3x4 Everyday Life Journaling Cards on white textured cardstock.  The colors and designs of these cards made them really easy to work with.  



Next, I used the patterned papers from the Happy Blooms 6x6 Paper pack to layer under the cards.  To give my layout a little more texture and interest, I distressed the cards and papers by simply turning the edges up a bit.  


Then, I layered all the fun die-cuts onto the banner from the Here We Go Ephemera Pack.  I think my favorite may be the mint-colored "It's All Good" die-cut. Next, I added stamps all over my page.  The stamps sets I used are the Good Time Adventure 6x8 Stamp and the True Life Version 2 6x8 Stamp.  For my title, I used the Sophie Alphabet Stamp.  All the stamp fonts mixed so well together even though they were all very different.  I love how they all looked together.


Then, I tucked the Stars & Hearts Puffy Stickers all throughout my layout.  As I was finishing up, I realized the layout was very light and airy. To ground it, I sprinkled in more black to play off of the black ink and ground it.  I added black splatters and threaded black/white twine through my banner.

It was fun to see how these simple three things made my layout come together so well.  I hope you have a chance to try this 3-to-Inspire challenge.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment