Thursday, November 8, 2018

Simple Humility



Simple Humility: "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:9
Easier said than done, huh!? I fear I should journal about this monthly!
When I saw this months theme for the GRACEBOX I knew it wasn't a coincidence. So often I get caught up in thinking that I can do it all. I am a type A, first born bossy, please everyone so I can't say no, do it all yesterday type of person. I thrive off of completing tasks and completing them well. It is easy to sit back and be happy with what I accomplish, but I am giving the credit to who really deserves it? 
For example, I have way to much on my plate this month (+ a newborn who thinks sleep is optional) and I am sneaking this post in at 6am this morning. Should have typed it up days ago, but one fire at time. My pride says I can do it all, humility makes me ask for help.
Humility is something I am feeling RIGHT NOW.  The Lord is convicting me with this Kit and every entry I make using the HUMILITY stamp and journaling cards. And friends, it's not a bad thing. :)
Are there areas in your life where you could use a little humble pie? 

Now to the artsy stuff. Here is a peak at my process for this page. 
First off: watercolor background + splatter

Next: Layout all the beautiful pink paislee ephemera. 
ITS ALL ABOUT THE EPHEMERA! 
I love making the most out of it and cutting pieces in half. I will put these slices right up against the edges to give my page an infinity edge look. 


Next: Glue them into place. TIP: sometimes I take a picture of the layout so if I forget which piece was where, while I am gluing, I can look back at it.
I also added somebackground stamping using the kit stamps.

Then I added the words -> in this case I used the gold puffy stickers from the kit. The simple sticker is from the last GRACEBOX kit. This month also came with puffy heart stickers too. I LOVE how everything color coordinates and makes it easy to pick a direction and stick to it!

If you know me, you know I LOVE adding flare at the top of each page. My ever growing collection has just about every color. This month's GRACEBOX has fabulous gold stars. So finally, I glued down a few and made a clip too! 


I hope this has inspired you to dig into your humble pie and create something!






No comments:

Post a Comment