Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Meet Our August Guest Designers, Melissa Morrelli & Bea Valint

This month we have two guest designers! Melissa Morrelli is playing with our This Is Life stamp series subscription (and some August "Photobooth" Pocket Life bits and pieces). Bea Valint is diving into our August "Photo Booth" Scrapbooking kit, available here beginning at 10 p.m. PST tonight.

Meet Melissa Morrelli


Hi! My name is Melissa. I'm a 30 something coming to you to from sunny, hot & beautiful California. I have been memory keeping since I was 16 years old. From hiking to biking, I'm always up for a good adventure. I love to plan a good party. Spending my free time with my family makes me happiest. I currently work from home and that gives me flexibility to play with stamps and paper. My current crafty obsession is creating in my travelers notebook. I also love to create mini albums for special events such as birthday's and holidays. I'll even create a full scrapbook layout every once in a while. I just love stamps and paper.

My crafty/work space is small. It's in an open room in the front of my house so it's normally pretty tidy. It's also a shared space with my kids desks, so during the school year it is a place where they do their homework.




I really don't have a lot of supplies so keeping it organized is pretty easy for me. The supplies I do have I really (and I mean, really) like them. Everything has a home within my work/craft station. My station is pretty big and offers a lot of space for me to store my supplies.


I always have my typewriter, paper cutter and stamps handy. Those are my go to supplies for almost every layout I do.

I like to pick a few supplies i.e.; stamps, embellishments, washi and make a kit before starting a project. If I keep a few supplies at hand, it keeps me from feeling overwhelmed and wanting to put everything I own and love onto one layout.

One way I try to stay organized is to keep all like items together. My main categories are; stamps, paper, journal cards, thickers, and ephemera packs. I may separate/organize by brand, but I really have no big master plan.


Here are a few sneaks of the projects I have going on. Stay tuned for me. 
Thanks for having me.



Q&A



  1. How long have you been scrapbooking and why do you love it? I have been creating in my Travelers Notebook obsessively for the last 8 months. I started late in 2016 and crammed two months worth of stories in one notebook. I immediately fell in love with this format. I believe his format works best for me because of the size. I usually document 1 day per half page (so 2 stores per full spread, if that makes sense?) My method is to tell one story everyday. 
  2. How would you describe your creative style? My creative style is minimal and repetitive. I love for my pictures to tell their stories. Keeping my entries simple and repeating a style that works for me helps me stay current in my process and keeps me from feeling overwhelmed.
  3. What scrapbookers have influenced you most? I have come across SO MANY nice, encouraging and inspirational friends in the paper world. The first crafty person that I came across and was in awe of was Stephanie Bryan.
  4. What is something that no one knows about you? Something nobody knows about me...I have a fear of color. As you may see, in my layouts most of my work is black and white. 
  5. What are your favorite can't-live-without-these scrapbooking supplies? My can't live without crafty supplies are stamps. A good versatile stamp can go a long way.
  6. Why will people love the Citrus Twist This Is Life stamp subscriptionThe Citrus Twist This is Life stamp(s) are so versatile. These stamps are classic and are perfect to build a solid stamp collection. They can be used on everyday crafty projects over and over again, and the selection of stamps in each pack can't be beat. 
You can follow me at:
IG : https://www.instagram.com/melissamorrelli/ 

Meet Bea Valint


My name is BEA Valint, I’m from Hungary, a little country in middle Europe… we have pretty hot summers, spicy foods, and a difficult history. I was a former economist but now I’m a stay-at-home-working-mum to three sporty boys and a spunky little girl. I always have been a creative person never stop with making paper crafts, home decorations and DIY projects. I enjoy so much working in several design teams, try to do something scrappy related every day, and I just love it dearly.


I’m so happy to share a little tour of my scrap area! My crafty space feels a lot like me…not super organized and always “in progress”. I’ve got a corner in the room where my craft tables are set up, overlooking the rest of my children play area. To be honest, there are more space for LEGO than for scrap supplies… 

My computer, printer, stitching machine and my Silhouette Cameo are at the top of my list of “must have” items for my projects. I print all my photos at home and can’t imagine a layout without some die cut letters or shapes. I have a memo boards behind me that I fill with my favorite layouts. On the shelf next to me are my “in progress” or “it will soon in progress” photos, quotes and inspiring pictures. It always reminds me that I have so many things yet to do!


I love decorating my little corner with my DIY projects, creates a personalized space perfectly embracing who I am.



I keep my kits and mixed media stuff in square plastic storage boxes with divided trays. I like to take everything out of its packaging and trim everything out before I get started. This way I can see at all of my stuff and find the perfect elements.


My craft room is always open… I create things together with my kids, sometimes friends, but never with my husband... he just enjoy the results :)

Q&A


  1. How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start? I started off with learning photography and creating PL albums for my Family. I wanted to document our memories and tell our stories for the kids when they will be little bit older. Finally fell in love with creating 12x12 layouts in 2013. What I love the most about scrapbooking is the freedom to express myself. There are no boundaries, I can do whatever I want on my layout... and making mini books or scrapbook pages is also really fun, don't you think? 
  2. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I am versatile in my creations. Love working on little details, using my Cameo, my stitching-machine and sometimes playing mixed media elements on my layout. In my work, you'll mostly see dimensions, clustering, unique cut files, balance and fun color combos.
  3. What scrapbookers have influenced you most? There are so many talented scrapbookers who inspire me every day, not enough place to list them! The bright, happy, and fun color combos are always catch my eyes. I keep following the work of my current and past fellow DT members and love scrolling on IG for exploring new talents and ideas. 
  4. What are your favorite can't-live-without-these scrapbooking supplies?  I used to dream of scrapbooking! My best ideas had come while I was sleeping! Double sided foam tape!!!! I love building dimensions on my layouts, how could I do without it?
  5. Why will people love the Citrus Twist August "Photobooth" kit? All the heart eyes!!! The August Main kit is so fun! The Carousel collection is so sweet and colorful with touches of black and gold, fits to many themes! I love the whimsical mixture of goodies..they make putting pages together so simple. Of course, the exclusive puffy stickers and acrylic shapes are to die for!
Here is a sneak of the August "Photo Booth" scrapbooking kit.


You can follow me at:
Blog: http://myshinystudio.blogspot.hu/IG : https://www.instagram.com/beavalint/ 
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt38xqGojWm4zyW1nBZbswA

No comments:

Post a Comment