Monday, June 17, 2013

Simple Strategies


Hi, Gina here to share a simple strategy for a different kind background using pattern paper from the June main kit After adding a few scrapes of gesso (available in the CTK shop) and allowing it to dry I hand cut 6 long right angle triangles of roughly the same size and overlapped the middle ones slightly. I also added a triangle to the corner.

IMG_0533

You might like to add machine stitching around some of the triangles for texture

IMG_0537

I layered in some Studio Calico die-cuts and used a Crate Paper slide frame over the photo, and embellished with Basic Grey enamel dots, Studio Calico arrow, die-cuts and an exclusive CTK flair. To finish off I added some mist splatters, hand journaling and a Jillibean Soup ‘wise word’ sticker for the title…

IMG_0538
IMG_0543

…and another little detail, in the corner I used an exclusive CTK stamp and Prima Ink (from the main kit) for the sentiment, which I stamped onto to copy paper and cut into a little banner – this is a great way to add stamping over patterned paper or if you don’t want to stamp directly onto the layout

IMG_0541
Happy creating! Gina x

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love how you brought the whole thing together! Such a great way to use up scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in LOVE with this layout and I am soooooooooooooo going to lift this one, will share it later once it is done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the triangle papers for the background. I usually cute my papers in squares and rectangles. This has totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Gina! love this!

    ReplyDelete