Hi Everyone! I'm Katie Ehmann. I live in Michigan with my awesome husband and two dress-wearing, super frilly, always girly, princess obsessed girls, Lily and Maya. I'm not quite sure how that happened because I love playing soccer and wearing anything but dresses. I am a school social worker, scrapbooker, wanna-be photographer and do-er of all things crafty. I love vintage cameras, typewriters, spray paint and estate sales. You can also find me watching really super intellectual, high quality reality television on a regular basis. I am on the Crate Paper Design Team and a member of Write.Click.Scrapbook. I am so very happy to be Guest Designing for Citrus Twist this month!
About my Studio: My work table was crafted by a local woodworker who builds furniture from reclaimed Michigan barn wood. It is the perfect height to stand or sit while working and big enough that I can keep many supplies organized into vintage glassware within arm's reach. The dresser is filled with Crate Paper supplies and other embellishments and my Raskog cart hold supplies for Project Life. I purchased my metal tanker desk and chair from an estate sale for $25 each. A few coats of spray paint on the desk made it look brand new! The frames above my desk were also estate sale finds, which I spray painted in fun colors. Finally, I found this antique Hoosier cabinet on Craig's List. It holds more supplies and albums. The globes and vintage cameras are also from my thrifting, estate sale-ing adventures!
1. How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start? When I was a little girl, I made scrapbooks by ripping out pictures in magazines and glueing them into albums. I'd entitle the pages things like Future House and My Kids. It's fun looking back through them because they are 80s-riffic! After my husband and I got married in 2004, I made a few pages, but really started scrapping when my oldest daughter was born in 2007.
2. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? My Scrapbooking style is generally on the simple/graphic side, but every once in awhile I'll layer on a bunch of papers and embellies and call it good. I love adding unexpected, fun, whimsical details to my pages. Also, when I scrap I always start with the photos and go from there.
3. What scrapbookers have influenced you most? In January 2012 I discovered the world of online Scrapbooking galleries and I have found so much inspiration through designers who share their work online. It's such an awesome community! Also, my fellow design teammates at Crate Paper and Write.Click.Scrapbook never cease to amaze me with their talent!
4. What is your favorite thing about kit clubs? I love working with a fun mix of products that are delivered right to my door and it helps me to think outside of the box while using supplies that I may not have chosen myself. Kit clubs definitely have made me a better scrapbooker!
5. If you departed on a long family vacation this summer, what are your 5 favorite scrapbooking items you would bring with you (besides your camera and photos!)? I'd bring white card stock, my sewing machine, patterned paper, Thickers and chipboard stickers ( I am obsessed with Crate Paper chipboard from any and every collection!). Besides my sewing machine, these are the exact items I hauled across the world last summer on our nearly three week family trip to Serbia to visit my husband's family!
6. How would you describe the Citrus Twist June kit and what do you enjoy most about the kit? The June CT kit is pure Summerific fun! I loved working with all the fun, bright colors, patterns and embellies. It really was happiness in a box! Thank you so much for having me--it was a blast working with such a fun kit!
Here is a layout Katie created using the June kit.
This is where you get to leave a comment for our Guest and be entered to win ONE of her favorite things!!
amazing space and so beautiful layout! Looking forward to more of your creations Katie! xxxReplyDelete
I am so jealous of your gorgeous space! And I love love love the layout you made! Beautiful!ReplyDelete
So nice to "meet" you! and what a gorgeous layout!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much ladies!!ReplyDelete
Nice to meet you! Love your layout!ReplyDelete
I'm a school social worker too!ReplyDelete
I have always loved your work and this layout is no different!
Love your layout.ReplyDelete
Thank you, everyone! @ MariClaudi, so cool that you're also a school social worker!!ReplyDelete
Love the layout so much! So cute!ReplyDelete
I think your layout is great. I live all the added circles.ReplyDelete
i am envious of both your talent and your scrap space. both your layout and your work table are swoon worthy!ReplyDelete
Hi Katie, so glad to have you on board this month! Your page is stunning!ReplyDelete
I love this layout and the way you were able to journal so much in a small space. Simply wonderful!ReplyDelete