Monday, January 6, 2020

Documenting 2020 with Nathalie


Hi there!
Happy New Year to you all! I am so excited to share the first pages of my Documenting 2020 series... I think one of the highlights of 2019 was the Life Crafted albums,  it is the perfect size for daily documenting in style.   One of the advantages of the size is that it makes the documenting simple and quick especially when using the beautiful Citrus Twist Kits goodies, let me show you:



I always start my albums with a picture of  my family on January 1st -our first selfie of the year-  My word of the year of 2020 is "GATHER"  so i thought of ways of incorporating  it on my page, and decided on printing my journal on vellum so that it brings translucency to the layout.




I did not glue the pages together so i can show you how i created the page.  It started by enlarging one of the bonus PL cards (subscribers receive this for free with their kits) so that it fits the page of the album.  I used Tattered Rose Distress Oxide ink to stamp the word Gather on the center of the page using the Spencer Solid Alpha Stamp.  I layered the printed vellum on top and then added a few stickers from the Life Crafted kit and finished the page by stamping the year using the  Typewriter Month and Number stamp set.




To complete the page, i added a small cluster of ephemera pieces at the bottom of the enlarged picture.   This time i used the Typewriter Month and Number stamp set and This is Life:  Fierce stamp set to add the sentiments and date.




Here are the entries for the first day of the year.   I combine two single layouts by matching colors and then adding the small  branding strip (Add-on Kit paper) to both layouts. 





For the background, I enlarged one of the Digital PL cards to fit the page of the LC album, then once again, i used the Subscriber bonus PL cards to print the card for the first layout (i enlarged it a bit), and trimmed the small label so that i can create the pocket.  I used ephemera and stickers from the Add-on kit to create the journal and cluster for the page.  Then used the TN stamp, Life Crafted Stamp and This is Life Stamp to finish the cluster on the pocket.





For this layout, i trimmed white cardstock to fit the page of the Life Crafted album and then glued the left over paper branding strip at the edge of the page.  The 3x8 card that comes included in the Life Crafted kit was then glued to the page.  I used one of the ephemera frames to layer under the picture and then used labels, stickers and those glorious glitter stars to finish the layout.




For my last layout, i kept the page simple so that the focus will remain on the pictures.   This time, i backed the enlarged picture with a paper from the Life Crafted kit, but created  a small pocket where i could add my lines of journal in a tag.



All  it needed was the small banner and a small puffy star to complete the page.   Since i chose to keep the pictures to black and white, i decided to look for pieces in the Life Crafted kit that had the same tones of blue.



Once i set them in an #2 insert, i used puffy stickers from the Life Crafted kit to embellish each pocket.  This time, i set the stickers above the page protector so that there is texture and a tactile effect on the page.




I hope this has given you a few ideas on how to simplify your documenting.   I cannot wait to see how my series will grow and evolve through the year.   Remember to stop by the  CTK shop to check all the materials that i used in these pages.

You can always contact me with any questions about the pages..

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment