Friday, January 3, 2020

2020 Vol 1 | Life Crafted Album | Patricia Roebuck


Happy New Year beautiful CTK friends and fans!!!  I hope 2020 brings lots of health and blessings your way!!  I grabbed some of the Life Crafted albums at the Black Friday sale and am using one to start my 2020 Vol 1 memories.  Trina will be coming out with new albums, so no worry if you don't have a fresh new album, be on the lookout for more to come!  Today, I want to walk you through how I set up the exterior of the album, the intro pages and the start to documenting the year.


For my cover, I used a combination of the new stamp set Solid & Outline Alpha and Numbers, the January Life Crafted Fierce & Fabulous kit along with the stamp that comes in the kit, and the January Travelers Notebook Stamp.  It was a little tricky heat embossing with the white for the 2020, you can see some imperfection.  A resistance powder before stamping helped a little, but with the album being fabric you will get some strays.  I'm okay with is, because I've learned to embrace imperfection!  For my spine, I used the new Solid & Outline stamp set to stamp 'Vol 1.'  


For my title and intro page, I used the new Fresh Start cut file for subscribers, cutting it in white and using vellum to stitch to the front and back of it to create a star confetti pocket using die cuts from the kit.  Then embellished the outside.



Since this is the start of 2020, at the time I created this, I had no photos, but I've printed out day 1 to share how my album is coming along so far.  This is a new look of the intro page a large photo printed in the first pocket behind it.


The vellum creates a nice softness to the very busy 'new year' photo under it, but also helps make the '2020' cut file stand out more.  I am really loving the theme of this kit 'fierce & fabulous' along with the circus feel to some of the die cuts.  This kit provides not just the die cuts and puffy stickers but fabric ephemera.  I used one on the cover of my album, hand stitching around it before adhering.


My 'new year' photo really doesn't need anything else added to it, but I did find this banner die cut from the kit that not only had the color but the saying that fit well.


My next two pages, start the everyday memory keeping starting with our traditional black-eyed peas and cabbage on Jan 1st.  The 'real life' fabric ephemera is perfect here, because as much as we would love our counter to be spotless and without a cat on it, this truly is 'real life.'


I printed the paper from our Notebook digital papers so it would fit the length of my full-size Life Crafted pocket, but used the paper with the lemons from the kit to hand cut, intentionally making it look hand cut to create horizontal lines for layering with embellishments, stamping, and the photo.


I think this is my favorite cluster with the stamps and embellishments.



Every Life Crafted kit has a 3x8 card.  I decided to use it as a divider by adding embellishments to the front, but then on the back, adding journaling and stamping.  I also corner rounded one corner to give it a slightly different look.



I wanted to share this about the new Solid & Outline Alpha and Number stamp...don't think you have to use both the solid and outline together.  It is subtle here, but I really think this is great look to add to your pages by using the solid alone and then the outline alone.  In this case, I did the month in solid in one color, and the number in the outline in black.


I used pockets on the right side for a photo at the top with a cluster of embellishments in the whitespace of the photo.


This card is gorgeous all on its own, but to create a little bit of texture and just a touch of color and a visual triangle, I added a fabric ephemera and a puffy heart.


Thank you for stopping by and looking into the first day of 2020 for my family.  Looking forward to creating memories and documenting them with you, the CTK friends and fans!  Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment