Wednesday, January 29, 2020

"The Luckiest" with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my Life Crafted album.  I am still working in my Folsom album, dedicated to my recently departed dog.  Here's a look at the layout I created using mostly the January add-on kit:



I started this layout with a letter to Folsom.  I decided on the format of letter driven journaling, which is working out really well for this album.  This letter is mostly about our first meeting, the day I picked Folsom out and took him home. 



I typed it up on my computer, printed it out, cut it down to size and had about 1.5" at the bottom for a tiny bit of embellishing.  I used a couple of die cut flowers and a tiny word sticker. 



I used some of the rectangle die cuts, which I honestly never know how to use on my pages, as little flips for this layout.  The first one says never forget this with some journaling lines.  I stamped the date I got Folsom on here.



The next flip I stuck a baby photo of Folsom and embellished it with a puffy sticker, tiny word sticker and a die cut heart. 



On the right side of the layout, I fussy cut Folsom and adhered him to the specialty paper included in the kit.  I attached a die cut flower and the puffy sticker "you belong here" included in the LC kit. 

I struggled with a title, but when I saw the "Lucky Us" paper from Pink Paislee, I loved the "I  am the Luckiest" quote.  I had written "How lucky we were!" in my journaling, so it seemed perfect for this page.  I cut it out, backed it with a die cut piece and adhered it to the page with foam adhesive. 



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment