Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another Sunday Sketch!  Here's a look at the sketch I'll be working with today: 



And here's a look at my layout using the sketch:



I am currently working in a Life Crafted album dedicated to my recently departed Folsom.  I had professional photos taken on him in 2012 and it's about time I got them printed and placed in an album with all the stories about him. I cut one photo down to about 2.5x3.5, then backed it with the teal leafy paper from the LC kit. 



I used a piece of washi and a paperclip from my stash to embellish the top of the photo, and a fabric die cut from the LC kit for the left side.  I attached the fabric die cut with some mini staples.  Then I placed some foam behind the photo.



I used the newsprint looking paper on each side of my layout, and adhered the photo to the right, just like the sketch.  On the left side, I created a pocket for my journaling.  I sized it to fit a journaling card from the LC kit, and embellished it with pieces from the die cut pack and puffy stickers.  I used a bit of ribbon from my stash to create a tab on the journaling card.



I finished off my layout by creating a small cluster at the top of the left page by fussy cutting out a leaf and adding a gold star and puffy sticker from the LC kit.



I can't wait to see how you use this sketch!  Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira 


1 comment:

  1. More of this indeed! I love everything about this! Colors, idea and the pup! Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to your 2020 shares!

    ReplyDelete