Thursday, January 16, 2020

"Christmas Spectacular" with Erica




Hey guys, it's Erica! Today I am back on the blog to share a day in my 2019 December Daily album using the January Life Crafted Kit. For this project I really wanted to utilize ephemera from the event and since the show was circus themed it fit perfectly with this month's kit!





I started off by creating a pocket using a piece of the program I brought back from the show. I stitched it down with gold thread onto one of the papers from the kit. This is a great way for me to house multiple photos and make an interactive element in my spread. I slipped in two 3x4 cards and my favourite 4x6 card from the kit. I added puffy stickers and used the large 'fierce' ephemera piece as my title.





On the right side of my spread I used the 3x8 bookmark from the kit. I attached a small photo and layered a few of the ticket die cuts, and embraced the circus theme with the tent ephemera! I loved the number puffy stickers and I'd usually be tempted to create a list with them, but since this happened to the 13th I decided to go ahead and use two of them for my day.





In my pocket on the left hand side, I used both the front and backs of all of my cards to decorate and attach photos. On two of them I printed instax photos and pulled mini paperclips from my stash to decorate. I still glued all the photos down, but the clips add a cute vintage element. I also added this acrobat card that I've been hoarding for just something like this!





To decorate the backs of my cards, I used the Fierce & Fabulous stamp and the Traveler's Notebook stamp to create labels. I used a blue ink that I thought was close to the kit, and created my own sentiment by combining words from both stamps. I simply masked off the word I didn't want with a bit of washi tape and then removed it after I had inked up my stamp.





I added a few more ephemera pieces and puffy stickers to finish off my cards, slipped them back into my pocket and the whole thing came together!





Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment