Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial with Jen Chapin

Hi everyone! Jen here, and today I'm sharing a tutorial with you on how to make a cute fringe layout. I used the Pocket Life kit for this page, but you could definitely use the scrapbook kit as well!

First, I gathered my supplies. I used white cardstock for the base, 6x6 papers from the kit, and some fringe scissors that I picked up with Michaels many years ago.

Start out by cutting some fringe strips. I used the scissors to cut about 3/4 inch into the paper.

Then, trim the strips to about 1.25 inches wide. You'll want to leave some extra at the top to adhere the strips and keep the fringe together.

Begin adhering your fringe at the bottom edge of the page. Adhere the next strip just above that one, working your way up until complete. Use your thumb to "fluff" up the fringe for added texture.

I stopped about halfway up the page but you could totally do the whole thing if you wanted!

I also added some stitching along the top row to finish it off.

I really love how this page turned out and I hope you will try it too! Have a great day!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling layout!! Beautiful!! And great tutorial 💖 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete