Sunday, October 22, 2017

SUNDAY SCKETCH | LAETITIA + KIRA NESS

Hi everyone, it's Laetitia. I'm so excited to share with you my first post for Citrus Twist! I loved the October kit with which I realized 4 12'x12' layouts.


Today I introduce you the sunday sketch. A challenge that I like so much! I enjoyed using this model :D


Before I started my page, I selected a photo and polaroid frame from the scrapbooking kit of the month to stay in the main formatting. Then I added a few scraps of paper and a placemat.


I then added some die-cut to embellish.


I then realized the bottom of the page drawing as much as possible from the sketch. And to finish, I have added stickers sentences from an old collection  to replace the journaling part and some chinese ink tasks.


I made this page to offer to my NSP Celina_scrap. I hope she likes it. Anyway I'm having fun! And you, already inspired?
Thank you for your visit on the blog. And all my apologies for my bad English. See you soon!

Laetitia @by_laeti

Wow!  Laetitia's layout is stunning right?!  Kira here with a layout using the sketch as well.  I am so grateful to be sharing center stage with one of my favorite scrapbookers.  And I am just in awe of everything Laetitia creates.  

Here's my take on the sketch:


I decided to flip the sketch upside down because I wanted the photos placed on the right bottom corner of my page.  If you didn't already guess, I am documenting a photo of my son's spot on Halloween costume from last year.  I thought this side by side comparison of him and Marty McFly was hilarious.


I started by adding a ton of layers to my photos, along with some fun foam for added dimension.  I used some of the exclusive paper, along with some of the 6x6 sheets from the Pocket Life kit.


I built a few clusters around my page with ephemera from the Turn the Page die cuts included in the main kit, the exclusive ephemera from the Pocket Life kit, the exclusive epoxy stickers from the main kit, and some of the washi tape from the Embellishment kit.


For the top cluster I used the same papers I had used to layer behind my photo, along with the same embellishments used in my other clusters.  I finished off my page with some black splatters (I used watered down acrylic paint, which works great and is super inexpensive if you don't like to spend a lot on mixed media products!).  You can watch my entire process here.

I hope everyone plays along with this sketch!

xo, Kira




No comments:

Post a Comment