Saturday, October 7, 2017

3-To-Inspire with Kelly

Hello everyone! It's Kelly, and I'm excited to be sharing my first layout with the gorgeous October Main Scrapbooking kit and issuing the first 3-To-Inspire challenge of the month.

This week's prompts are as follows:

1. Machine or hand stitch, or both
2. Use paint, watercolors, mists or any form of mixed media
3. Use a doily


Painting on your background is an easy way to add a splash of color to your project. I chose a neutral pink in a heavyweight body paint by Liquitex. It is possible to use any type of acrylic paint, but I prefer the heavyweight because it does not buckle the cardstock if you use a light coat. 


I love the look of hand stitching on these die cuts. It is time consuming, but the end result is worth it. I simply used a sharp needle to poke holes and stitched through the holes with corresponding colors of embroidery floss.


Thickers are my favorite letter stickers, but we all know that they tend to lose their adhesive. Stitching through them helps adhere them to the page plus it gives the added bonus of great texture.


I have linked my process video below in case you''d like to see how this layout came together. Thanks so much for joining me today, and I can't wait to see how this challenge inspires you! 







2 comments:

  1. so very pretty. love the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect challenge and awesome layout!! Just wonderful!! You are so inspiring!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete