MEET SANDRA DIETRICH
Hi! I'm Sandra. I love original and unexpected design. I love to try new things. And I want to create enjoyable projects that matter to me and other people. I live in the wonderful city of Leipzig in Germany. I started scrapbooking in 2011. I also play volleyball and beach volleyball. And I like being outside in the sun, enjoying hikes in the mountains with my family, and walking barefoot on ocean shores. I like to add just the right amount of embellishments to my scrapbook pages, mini books, cards, and diy projects. Being creative is a wonderful part of my life and I don't want to miss it. Today, I'm sharing some photos of my scrap space and also a layout that I created with the October Scrapbook Kit.
And here is the layout I made with the October Scrapbook Kit. I created a flowery scrapbook page with a beautiful patterned paper from the Turn the Page Collection by Paige Evans. The paper comes with the kit.
Are you interested in finding out how I made this simple layout? Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Cut the paper to size 8.5x11 inches.
- Wrap the ribbon from the kit around the paper and tie a knot.
- Use the stamp sweet from the stamp set that comes with the kit and stamp it onto white cardstock.
- Cut the stamped title with your scissors and adhere it to the bow with foam pads.
- Attach your photo to the background paper with foam pads and add a colorful frame onto the photo.
- Place the flower next to the photo and attach it with foam pads.
- Glue down the star onto the ribbon.
- Add some handwritten journaling to your layout.
- Done :).
1. How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start? I started scrapbooking in 2011. By coincidence I came across an advert for a scrapbooking event here in Germany. I was curious and just went there without having any idea of what to expect. They had a shop there and when I saw all the pretty papers and embellishments, I was hooked. And I met so many inspiring girls that I decided to become more involved in the scrapbooking community. I started my blog mojosanti and became a member of different design teams and I 've been enjoying scrapbooking and papercrafting ever since.
2. What are your scrapbooking quirks? I use an eyebrow shaper to place small objects on my projects. I only use black ball point pens from Papermate for my journaling. If I had to choose between glue and a stapler, I would prefer the latter.
3. What scrapbookers have influenced you the most? There is so much inspiration out there. Not only from many awesome scrapbookers from all over the world, but also from designers in general or from everyday life too. I also like impressionist and surrealist artists and going to a museum inspires me just as much as browsing papercrafting projects on Instagram and Pinterest.
4. What is your favorite thing about your October Citrus Twist Kit? I absolutely love the satin ribbon the kit is wrapped in. I used it on today's layout. I also like the stamp set, the doilies, Paper 2, and the ephemera pack from the Turn the Page Collection.
5. What is always by your side when you scrapbook? That's my smartphone. I like watching movies or listening to music while I create.
That's it from me today. Thank you, Citrus Twist Kits for having me as a guest designer this October. Have a wonderful day.