Saturday, February 27, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Shannon

 


Hey there, crafty friends! Shannon here with a fun 3-to-Inspire to share with you. I tried to think of something I could do differently with this page and I kind of love the result. Let's get to my three things!

1. Write your journaling different than usual

2. Use florals

3. Stamp your title

Now let's look at how I brought that all together on this layout in my Life Crafted album.


I started with the Documenter Travelers Notebook Basics, Version 1, Digital Papers as the base for my journaling. I knew I wanted my journaling to be a full page so I used a paper with a faint patterned background. To make my journaling different than usual, I wrote it as if I was writing a book. There are a lot of quotes and inner monologues in my journaling. I've never journaled like this before but I can assure you that it won't be the last time. It was really fun!

Need some inspiration to switch up your journaling? I shared a few ideas in this post from December 2020.


Next, I pulled out the florals. When I decided to use florals I really went all in on the idea! Thankfully, the Florals Ephemera Pack gave me plenty of options. Since the opposing page is full of journaling and my photo contains neutral colors, I was able to use all sorts of colors for my florals. I just made sure to space them well around the photo.

To layer them, I held the photo in place and tucked everything behind it. I started with the largest pieces as the base and then built up from there. I then carefully lifted my photos. Underneath was a wreath of sorts. I applied adhesive to the outer edges on the back of my photo and carefully stuck it back down. When I lifted it up again my ephemera "wreath" was stuck to it. I carefully moved around the wreath with my adhesive to stick down anything that needed to be stuck down. Then, I used stronger adhesive to attach the whole stack of ephemera to my page with the photo on top.


Finally, I stamped my title at the top of my journaling page. The Chloe stamp complemented my typewriter-style journaling perfectly! Lining my title up along the top line of the page helped me keep everything straight. This is especially helpful if you have to stamp a word using only a few letters at a time, as I did here since the "u" appears twice. If you're not stamping along an existing line you can use the lines on your acrylic block or draw a faint line with a pencil. 


I hope I've inspired you to try something new this week! If you follow these prompts, be sure to share on social media and tag Citrus Twist. Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment