Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Marsha


Hey friends!  Marsha here with this week's Sunday Sketch challenge.  Today's sketch is so fun, and I hope you will be inspired to play along!

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:


For my layout today, I chose to use the beautiful October Life Crafted "At My Table" Kit and the This Is Life Food Stories Stamp.  This kit and stamp set are perfect for any type of food-related documenting!

To begin my page, I decided to rotate the sketch so it would work better in my Life Crafted album.  I printed one of the traveler's notebook digital papers and trimmed it so I could use it on both sides of the spread.  Like the sketch, I decided to use two photos.  I trimmed a patterned paper from the Life Crafted kit and layered my photos on top, tearing a section of the paper at the bottom.  I love the texture this adds to the page.  Next, I fussy cut the floral piece from one of the journaling cards.  I thought it worked perfectly between my two photos.  I stamped a sentiment from the This Is Life Food Stories Stamp and added it over the wording on the card.  I thought it worked better with my layout.


Next, I used some of the digital cut aparts, that are available for this month, to embellish the page.  They are such a nice addition to the kit and are free for kit subscribers!  I added some stamping to the labels and added a few of the puffy and chipboard heart stickers from the kit to finish off the page.


For the other side of the layout, I trimmed a few of the patterned papers into strips and adhered them to the page, also tearing one of the strips.  Next, I added some machine stitching along the edges of the paper.  I love the interest and texture this adds!  For the title, I used some of the mint tiny alphabet stickers and a metallic puffy phrase sticker.


To embellish the page, I added some labels and a puffy scallop sticker.  I just LOVE the metallic puffy stickers in the kit this month!  I typed my journaling, trimmed it into strips, and adhered it to the page.

My layout came together so quickly using this awesome sketch!


Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you will play along with this sketch challenge and share your project with us on the CTK Fan Facebook Page! 




No comments:

Post a Comment