Thursday, October 17, 2019

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER: BARBARA PICINICH


we are so lucky to have Barbara join us on the blog one last time with one of her beautiful  projects...
______________________________


Hello everyone, I’m back today to share the second project I made with the At My Table Life crafted kit. This project was 1,000% inspired by the You Are All Heart die cut that came in the kit. I love bold titles on projects and new the minute I saw it that this would be the jumping off point for a project for sure.



One of the best things about having a preteen in the house is that she likes to take a lot of photos and many of them end up being really, really great selfies like this one. It’s also a bonus that she loves my scrapbooking projects and is super agreeable to allowing me to use the cute photos she takes. I of course couldn’t be happier since she is after all my number one source for scrapbooking inspiration. It’s also super important for me to leave behind layouts that will tell her how proud I am of her and how much joy she brings to our lives. This project is that for me, a simple layout that sends a simple message, you make me so proud and I love the person you are becoming so deeply.



Because the photo had so much impact and I wanted it to be the primary focus of this spread I printed it full size. I made sure when cropping the photo to leave as much space in the bottom right corner for some embellishments. I always try to leave a little space when I’m cropping full size photos because I always end up embellishing the photo in some way. I find it helps keep the weight of a layout even if there are some embellishments on both sides of the spread. Plus I really had my heart set on using these two pieces in particular because the sentiments really hit home for me and are important ones to make sure she knows these days. Adding in the little floral elements also helped tie this side in to the floral background paper on the left side.



After placing the title I know the left side needed just a smidge more interest and the arrow die cut was perfect to moving the eye around the page, the little floral sprig also helped tie the two sides together. And anytime I can add in a little tab to the edge of the page I’m all in. I really love when items hang off the edge of pages like this. And because I also had some of the flowers hanging off the page I opted to just punch holes directly into the photo and the page and add them into the album just like this. I really enjoy the mix of items in and out of pockets and I’ve never had an issue with anything getting damaged.



Of course once I know this was going outside of the protectors I decided to go for it and add foam tape the back of the title die cut to lift if off the page. Its crazy how just the tiniest bit of lift can bring so much life to a page. I probably should have added foam tape to my list of three products I couldn’t live without because I really love it!






thank you so much Barbara for join in us this month, and all your beautiful work.   WE have loved each of your pages and i am sure our followers have too.
Remember to leave Barbara some love and to follow her on social media, she is always adding amazing inspiration in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment