Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Sarah



Hello, everyone!

Today I'm here to share my take on our Sunday sketch!  Sketches can be a great jumping off point and not only can they quicken the overall process of putting a page together, they can also get you thinking about adding in things that you may not have originally considered. 

Here is our sketch:


I'll be using today's sketch for building a layout in my Traveler's Notebook.





I started my layout by backing the left page with some neutral pattern paper and then backing my square 3 inch photos with a different pattern.  I also added some ephemera to the left, using the sketch as my guide.  Having a guide definitely helped me not overthink where I was placing things, so I could use more of my energy deciding on what ephemera pieces I wanted to use!



I switched up the arrangement on the right side of my page (again, just making the sketch work for my project) by starting with my stamped title and then adding in my journaling and a few ephemera pieces.

If you'd like to see a more in depth look at my process feel free to check out the process video below!


Using a sketch definitely streamlined my process for this layout, making it so fun to put together.  I hope you'll play along and try out today's sketch too!

Happy Crafting!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment