Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Stepping Back - Travelers Notebook Challenge

Hello, there!  Let's talk travelers notebooks!  Let's talk about pushing ourselves a little bit.  How about we step back, back into our crafting.


We often buy products, tools in particular and don't get around to using them.  Well, how about we change that this week? I'm talking about paper punches!  This week, I'm using my hexagon punch in my travelers notebook.



I took a couple of the patterned papers from the February Love Stories kit, and used my hexagon punch to accent my photo and the 3x4 card.



I love spreading the punches around the page, which mimics movement. I also love how these colors are all working so well together!


A super cute page I'm so excited to have in my Favorites travelers notebook insert, thanks to my hexagon punch!  However, I couldn't stop there!



I also had a bunch of border punches that I haven't used in SO many years, but I decided today was going to be the day I dusted at least one of those off.


I thought it was a fun way to use this border punch!  It's not the common way, but it created a little bit of texture layering these patterned paper pieces with my photo.  I'm thinking I'm going to try this again with a couple of my other border punches, too!

Are you going to give this challenge a try?  Please do, we'd love to see!  Make sure you tag us on Facebook, Instagram or leave a comment here on the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment