Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial!



Hello and Merry Christmas!  I'm hoping you have had a delightful day so far and your family is healthy and happy.  Once the festivities are over, you might want to get crafty - maybe ink up some stamps and that is what I'm thinking that I'll be doing!  I have a fun and super simple tutorial for you today that I think can really help you personalize all of your projects.

The left hand side was kept super simple in order to let the stamping be the highlight.  I used a few bits and pieces from the Pleasant Valley Pocket Life Kit and it was the perfect way to put it all together!


I love stamping.  It's so much fun.  And it's also so easy to personalize your projects.  I mean, where else am I going to find something that says CAL over and over again?  Right here with the Spencer Solid Stamp Set and the Spencer Outline Stamp Set I was able to create exactly what I wanted by repeatedly stamping CAL over and over again.


Before you start, there's a couple of things to consider.  What colors will you use? I wanted to use a golden yellow and navy blue -- the colors of Cal [University of California - Berkley].  I also knew that I DID NOT want the stamping to line up perfectly.  I wanted it to be slightly and somewhat offset -- all of the letters being a little bit different.  Believe it or not, that is how I like this type of stamping best.  And these Spencer alphas are PERFECT with this!


I also wanted to make sure that each line didn't start the same way as the one before it.  So, I had to make sure to keep track of what I had started with on the line previous. I didn't want it to be too contrived or neat - I wanted to keep it casual and random.

Try stamping out your own designs!  Either use them to replace patterned paper or a large cluster of embellishments -- whatever your project calls for!


No comments:

Post a Comment