Saturday, December 22, 2018

3 To Inspire with Amanda!



Hi Citrus Twist Kits Friends & Fans! 

Amanda here, and boy-oh-boy am I excited to be sharing some of my first creations with our gorgeous Pleasant Valley Scrapbook Kit! This kit is all kinds of awesomeness - so many beautiful pattern papers, and sweet embellishments! Speaking of beautiful pattern papers, I decided to make pattern papers a feature of today's challenge! But enough chatter, let's get started!

For today's edition of 3-To-Inspire, your projects will need to feature the following....

1. Pattern paper as the layout base/background (no cardstock!).
With so many beautiful pattern papers in both our Scrapbook & PL kits this should be a great opportunity to showcase them in your creating!

2. Use stamps! 
Feature any of the exclusive CTK stamps (past or present) in your layout!

3. Include a heart. 
Stickers, ephemera, stamps - whatever takes your fancy! Hearts are such an easy embellishment to adorn your layouts with!

With these 3 things in mind, here's what I crafted with the Pleasant Valley Scrapbook Kit...
First up is my 'boy' page, "Better Together" 


Other: Black stamping ink, & Shimmerz Paints: Spritz Bamboo Leaf. 

Isn't this awesome?!! Such a fun, masculine layout!
You'll spot the fabulous Pinkfresh Studio: Indigo Hills 2:  Meadow pattern paper as my layout base. I fussy cut the Heidi Swapp: Emerson Lane: Easy Peasy Paper so that I can utilise all the journal cards, tags and labels in my photo cluster. For my stamping element, I repeat stamp the arrow that features in the 2" x 3" clear polymer stamp in the Scrapbook Kit. 


You'll spot a variety of hearts on this layout, including the Emerson Lane Cardstock Stickers, Journal Studio Puffy Stickers (both from the Scrapbook Kit) as well as the One Canoe Two: Golden Rod Chipboard Phrase Thickers (from the Embellishment Kit). While we're on the topic of the Golden Rod Thickers, how incredible is that chipboard title?!! That gold is just SO striking against the indigo paper base! LOVE!!!
Here's a closer look at my photo cluster....
 

So many lovely layers here, mostly from the Emerson Lane supplies. They coordinate beautifully with the Meadow paper, and I love the inclusion of that olive green! You'll spy that I do add some painty splatters in a similar green color (from my personal stash) to enhance these embellishments.


So cool! A boy & his puppy documented perfectly with Pleasant Valley!

My second layout for today is a softer, more feminine take on the 3-To-Inspire challenge....
"Sweet Puppy Love" 



Other: Black stamping ink, & watercolor paint.  

Naww! How cute is that puppy?!! No secret that I am totally smitten by him!
I have used the beautiful Heidi Swapp: Emerson Lane paper that comes in this month's Pattern Paper Play Kit as my layout base.  I've also used lots of the Journal Studio goodies that feature in the Pleasant Valley Scrapbook Kit, as well as a bit of everything from the Embellishment Kit! (There's no such thing as too many embellishments, right?) You'll notice that I do remove the paperclip backings from the Journal Studio Swan Paper Clips and use them as an epoxy sticker instead! Awesome! 
Here's a closer look at my page.....


Omgoodness! I can't handle his cuteness!!! Such a darling lil pup! 
And yes, that's me in the photo - awkward as always (I much prefer being behind the lens!) but this lil guy just has to be documented! If your familiar with my style, it's well known that I love all.the.florals!!! So naturally, I use a lot of them for my layout! 


The hearts featured are from the Golden Rod Thickers set, & on the subject of Thickers, how gorgeous is that soft, glossy pink title?!! Those alphas are from Pink Paislee's Paige Evans Whimsical collection & are from the Scrapbook Kit. SO pretty!!! 


Lots of repeat stamping from the exclusive CTK stamp from the Scrapbook Kit and watercolor paint droplets to complete this pretty page. 

And there you have it! My first two pages with the divine Pleasant Valley Kits
I hope I have inspired you to get creating & play along with today's 3-To-Inspire challenge

Be sure to share your beautiful creations in the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook - we love to see what you've crafted! 

Thanks so much for visiting today, 
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 



2 comments:

  1. Both a absolutely delicious Amanda ! I can't decide who's cuter, you or your adorable new puppy ! xK

    ReplyDelete