Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December Daily with Sarah: Documenting Our Christmas Card


Hello, everyone!  Today I'm back to share how I added in the Christmas card we sent out this year to my December Daily album.  Last year was the first year that we started ordering photo cards and it's a tradition that I hope to continue for as long as I can.  I'd also like to make sure I document these cards every year in my December Daily album so I can look back on them and see how we've changed. 

There were so many beautiful papers and embellishments in this month's "Pleasant Valley" kits that went with the colors of our Christmas card so I got to play around with a lot of options!  However, I will admit that my main inspiration for embellishing this page was the "Postmarked" stamp set.  I just love all of the buildable pieces, and the sentiments and illustrations are so perfect for documenting or sending happy mail! 

For the left side of my page I used some pattern papers to back every other 2x2 inch square.  I used the Heidi Swapp letters from a pattern paper to spell out "Family" and I just love the nice bold look that made.  I wanted to have some see through pockets in between my pockets filled with pattern paper so for those I either used buttons (adhered to the outside of the pockets) or some labels that I stamped on.  I added a piece of transparency to each of the clear pockets so I could adhere whatever went inside to ensure that nothing would move around.  
I also adhered my Christmas card to a piece of transparency mainly because I didn't want to punch through the card itself, but also because I wanted to make sure the backside, which has a photo of my daughter on it, was visible.  I really enjoy the floating effect that that gave.
Thank you for letting me share this simple and fun page with you!  If you're working on a December Daily album this month I hope it's going well and that you're enjoying the process.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.

    ReplyDelete