Saturday, December 8, 2018

3 to Inspire with Kira



Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with another 3-to-inspire to get those creative juices flowing today!  Here's the 3 items I am challenging you to use on your layout today:

1.  Stamps
2.  Stitching
3.  Splatters

And here's a look at the layout I created:



I started this layout with the Emerson Lane "Details" paper (included in the Pattern Paper Play kit).  I love a simple ledger paper for backgrounds.  It adds the right amount of pattern without completely overwhelming your page.



My layers consist of pieces from the cutapart paper, also from Emerson Lane, called Easy Peasy, which was included in the main "Pleasant Valley" kit.  I used my sewing machine to add some messy stitching to the my photo and the layer behind it.  I also added some stitching to two more places around my layout.  But if you don't have a sewing machine, you could always hand stitch or add hand drawn "stitches" for the same effect!



I used the "Better Together" thickers as my title, which are found in the Embellishment kit, and then finished off my embellishing with puffy stickers (also in the embellishment kit) and cardstock stickers (included in the main kit).  I used a few of the stamps included in the Postmarked stamp and the TN "Favorite Things" stamp set. 



 The splatters were the last thing I added.  Your splatters can be done with any medium:  watercolor, watered down acrylic paint, etc.  But I used my Shimmerz Coloringz in the color Night Moves and Shimmerz Blingz in Gold Glimmer for mine.



I hope these prompts inspire you to get your kits out today and get a cute photo scrapped!  Join us in our Facebook group so you can share your layouts, or to grab even more inspiration!

Until next time,

Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment