Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie



Hi there!
Nathalie with you today with the first Sunday Sketch for December using the new revealed Pleasant Valley kits! How gorgeous are they!!!  Since we are already getting snow here in Toronto, I think this sketch is perfect for the season, but trust me it can work with any season.  Let me show you the sketch:





This time, I want to show you how versatile this sketch can be. So i created both a layout and TN spread with it; let's start with the Scrapbook layout:





For this page, I chose to work with this month's Add-On kit -since it is filled with Winter theme papers and embellishments- and one of this month's free  cut files.




I chose to stay true to the sketch with just a few small changes.   First i added a few extra snowflakes to the page, and decided to take away the small triangles on the top picture, and replace them with a layer of paper and some embellishments.







The bottom part of the page was created following the sketch.  I love all the colors and patterns of the Simple Stories papers in the add on kit!  But decided to use the Shine On paper from the Patterned Paper Play kit as the background for the page.   I added a few extra snowflakes cut from vellu, and  added some embellishments around the layers.  The sentiments all come from this month's TN stamp.




Love how this turned out, the colors of the kit are perfect for the cute pictures of our baby playing on the snow, but since we are already talking snow, I decided to continue the "winter" team to my TN using this sketch to document our first snowfall of the season.





This time, the sketch was flipped by 90 degrees to fit the format.   I decided to go for a large picture instead of a two picture spread, but decide to use the snowflakes that are in the sketch to help me tell the story.





The title of this page was added to the center of the picture using one of the cut outs and one of the cut apart elements from this month's free printable. 







I continue the layered look of the cards onto the other half of the TN using papers, embellishments and cards from the PL kit.  To add the ilusion of dimension, I simply added glue just to the top part of the cards, and layer a few vellum snowflakes in between.  I chose to add a large snowflake in place of the second picture, and added a few sentiments using this month's TN stamp.





Did i mentioned that this sketch is super versatile? and about all the beautiful Pleasant Valley  kits!  Well, then it is time for you be inspired by the sketch to create a page of your own.  Remember to share your creations with us on the Citrus Twist Kits Friends page on Facebook or by using #CTK, @Citrustwistkits on social media.  I cannot wait to see what you create with this sketch.

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment