Thursday, December 27, 2018

Let's Get Digital with Kira



Hey Citrus Twist fans!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 layout using a mix of the December kits.



Have you checked out the exclusive cut files for the month?  I was immediately drawn towards the poinsettia cut file.  I knew it would be perfect for this conversation my son and I had about Santa.

I started by cutting the cut file fairly large from white cardstock.  When I cut it, I thought I might cut up the cut file slightly, but didn't have much of a plan until I actually got it cut out.  I backed it with papers from the main kit and the pocket life kit.  After it was backed, I decided to cut some of the leaves and other decorative elements off, leaving just the large poinsettia.



The photo I used for this page is a filtered selfie of my son and I, since the "story" on this page is a conversation him and I had as Christmas was approaching.  I backed the photo with the "Confetti" paper included in the add on kit.  Then I tucked a couple of tabs from the PL die cut pack on top of the photo.



I decided to use the wood grain side of the "Harrison" paper (included in the main kit) as my background.  I placed my poinsettia in the lower left corner and sort of nestled my photo into the flower.  I used some of the leaves I had cut from the cut file, underneath my photo.



The title was perfect for this story!  I used the word "believe" from the Shimelle thickers included in the add-on kit.  I finished off the layout with some embellishment clusters in the upper left and bottom right clusters.  I added some typed journaling strips and black splatters and called the page done.



I can't wait to see how you plan to use the cut files this month!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment