Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Sarah






Happy Tuesday, Everyone!  Today I'm here with a tutorial that has to do with using square photos in your pocket pages.  I think square photos are often overlooked in pocket pages, typically because most pockets are sized for 3x4 or 4x6 cards.  However, I wanted to show you how you can still use square photos in those pockets and have a lot of fun with it!

Let's talk about 3 different ways to use this type of photo.  My photos are sized to 2.5 x 2.5 inches, which always seems to be the perfect size because I can keep a small white border and still have the photo fit on a 3x4 card.


In this first example I used two of the 6x8 papers from the December "Pleasant Valley" CTK pocket life kit and cut them both in half to make 4- 4x6 cards.  Then I took one of the 4x6 cards and cut it diagonally.  To make a pocket out of it, I simply applied double sided adhesive to the edges and then layered it on top of a 4x6 card that had a different pattern.  This makes a great pocket to tuck tickets or any small papers inside of.  Finally, I adhered my square photo right on top of that triangle pocket and added a couple of embellishments.


In this next example I layered my square photos on top of 3x4 cards.  I love doing this because it allows me to get more use out of my filler cards, and I also have room to do some more embellishing!

My last example is to treat a 4x6 card as a mini layout.  I like to keep my mini layouts simple so it doesn't get too busy with the rest of the pockets on the page, but this again can be a great way to use up some embellishments and just have fun with your pockets!


I hope you'll give some of these examples a try on your next pocket page layout!  Its a really fun way to switch things up from time to time.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment