Thursday, December 20, 2018

Two ways to use the free 'HOLLY JOLLY' cut file with Melanie

Hey crafty friends, Melanie here.
Today I have two layouts for you I made by using the wonderful December Kits and this free cut file from the shop.

For my first layout I created a background by adding some more of the snowflakes in the Silhouette software.


I layered my background onto the green paper from the Main Kit  to match my photo and added some white splatters by using acrylic ink. The picture show my parent's dog while she experiences her very first snow. It was so cute and fun!


I backed my photo with pattern paper from the Pocket Life Kit  and the Main Kit and added some die cut pieces as layer too. I also added a journaling card from the pocket Life Kit to my cluster to hold my journaling.



To balance the page, I made a cluster on the bottom of the layout. I punched out the quote from the green card which is included in the Pocket Life Kit and added some Embellishments from the Embellishment Kit




To finish my page I added some more Embellishments (I removed the shapes from the paper clips and glued them onto my paper) and added some stamping.




For my second layout I used the snowflakes and glued them onto  white textured cardstock.
I really love the white on white effect.





I used a large photo for my page and I placed a golden title from the Embellishment Kit on top of my photo as a highlight. I took this picture during our winter vacation in the Alps on a perfect day and I am so happy we had the opportunity for enjoying the snow, as we don't have a lot of snow where we live but I LOVE winter and snow!


I used a stamp from the Favorite things set and wrote my journaling underneath with a grey pen. I really wanted this page to be light and make the picture the star of the page.




To make the eyes move around the layout I added two clusters on my page, one on the bottom right of the picture and one on top left and I am so happy I found a way to include the cute deer.


 To finish the page I stamped some golden hearts between the snowflakes and added some black stamping for contrast. I'm really happy how the two layouts turned out and love the two different looks of the pages.

I hope I inspired you to create something! Don't forget to share your work on Instagram using the hashtag #citrustwistkits and in our Facebook Group

Until next time, have fun creating,
Melanie








No comments:

Post a Comment