Thursday, November 24, 2016

Beautiful You

Hi friends-it's Laureen here using the gorgeous Emerson Scrapbook Kit one last time on the blog! I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to Trina for your trust and the amazing opportunity to work with the beautiful kits and hopefully inspire around here!



Now, onto my layout! As soon as I opened the kit and saw this patterned paper from Jillibean Soup I knew exactly what to do with it.  I love to work with quilts as my inspiration for layouts and this paper seems to be made for just that!

Once you cut up the paper into the small patterns and sort them into colors, you can use your imagination or a premade quilt for inspiration on how to position the bits. I found a beautiful quilt on Pinterest and placed my paper pieces in the same pattern, with the arrows pointing towards the middle creating a star shape.


The photo I used is a small 2x2 photo of my sister from her graduation from school.  I used the white foam phrases from Amy Tangerine that come in the kit and combined two words to form my title-Beautiful You.

Using a few bits from the kit, like the cute wood hearts and words stickers, I embellished very little around my picture because I felt like the background with the quilt paper already did enough for the page.


Usually I would add some stitching to my quilt inspired layouts, but this time for whatever reason I completely forgot and only realized it after already having my title and photo adhered down to the page.  If I could undo this step, I would have used white thread and simply sewed through the middle of the arrows.


That is it for my final post here on the blog for my guest designer position. It was a blast and I had so much fun!

Have a great rest of the week,
xx Laureen

6 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing the original photo of the quilt on Pinterest, as I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://pin.it/ZfR22xX

      I hope this works ;) Otherwise just search for "Quilts" on pinterest and scrap your heart away. You can easily cut papers into small shapes and sew over them ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, Laureen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Laureen! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, thank you so much! It's so so sweet of you! ❤

      Delete