Saturday, November 12, 2016

3 to inspire with Andrea

Hello there all you fabulous scrappers! Today I am thrilled to host the following challenge...

This is my first "3 to inspire" and I am super duper excited!!! So for this "3 to inspire", I would like you to do the following things:

1) use a shape punch to create one or more embellishments out of the pretty patterned paper/s in your kit
2) do some sewing (hand-sewing or machine)
3) use repetition (repeat a shape, a product, a word...whatever you like!)

Okay, are you gathering your Citrus Twist kit goodies so you can start the challenge...good! I can't wait to see what you all make!



In the meantime, let me share with you a bit about what I made for this "3 to inspire" challenge. I decided to make a lovely 12x12 layout using the awesome November "Emerson" kit to document my love of scrapbooking! For my "I love to scrap!" layout, I used the pretty, light peach heart patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection by Crate Paper as my background.


I used a 3x4 photo of me scrapbooking and layered up a few pieces of various patterned papers from the kit to create a kind of frame for my pic. This layering helps draw focus to my photo. But to bring even more attention to my photo, I used embellishments like sequins, gold heart confetti, enamel dots, and a wood veneer heart and a cork circle that says "ok", on either side of my picture. I also wrote "paper and pics" on a little round label (since that is what scrapbooking is all about) and did some doodeling here and there because I wanted to create a "scrapbooking" theme for my page.


Under my photo, I used the white foam thicker words "little moments" from American Crafts. And to the left of my photo, I washi-taped on a little note paper that I cut from the Citrus Twist exclusive cut-apart peices (sans the yellow border), to write the words "I love to scrap!". This serves as my title. Even though the words, "little moments" are larger, they are not my title, but a sort of sub-title if you will (since it is the little moments in life that I most love to document in my scrapbooking).

For number 1 of the challenge, I used a heart shaped punch to create my layered hearts that I spread across my layout in a kind of diagonal line from the upper left hand corner to the bottom right.


For number 2 of the challenge, I used my sewing machine to sew the layered hearts together. I also sewed a zig-zag stitch at the bottom of my layout, where I added a couple border strips for a lovely detail to create some interest at the bottom of the page in order to ground things.


For number 3 of the challenge, I repeated the heart shape all over my page. I did this with my layered hearts, but also with the gold confetti hearts that come in the Citrus Twist Sprinkles Kit for November, the wood veneer hearts that come in the Emerson kit, the cork heart stickers from Fancy Pants that are in the Emerson kit, the little heart I used to dot the "i" in my "I love to scrap!" title, and even the hearts that are in the background peach paper that I chose to build my layout up on.


To finish my layout, I clustered some embellishments at the top of my page. To promote the theme of scrapbooking, I specifically used a puffy camera sticker, a bit of patterned paper (to make a kind of "photo corner" at the top of my page) with a paperclip, and a few labels on which I used the exclusive stamp set to stamp words like "photo", "document" and "smile".


I hope you enjoyed my "I love to scrap!" layout and that I have inspired you with this "3 to inspire" challenge to use the November kit and my 3 challenges to document something that makes you as happy as scrapbooking makes me...I'm going to take a wild guess though and say that you will probably pick scrapbooking too!!! :-)

Remember to share what you create with this "3 to inspire" challenge by putting them here in the gallery and/or on the Citrus Twist Facebook Forum. And you can share on Instagram too so tag with @citrustwistkits and hashtag with #citrustwistkits and #ctk3toinspire so we can see your awesome creations!

xoxo...Andrea :-)


1 comment: