Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Marsha


Hey friends!  It's Marsha here today with this week's Sunday Sketch challenge!  I used the beautiful July "Wild at Heart" Kit and the Traveler's Notebook Stamp.

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:


I chose to convert the sketch from a 12x12 layout to a traveler's notebook spread.  Other than that, I stuck pretty closely with it.

To begin the spread, I printed a ledger paper from the Documenter Traveler's Notebook Basics Ver. 1 Digital Papers to use as the background.  I trimmed two papers from the kit to span across both pages and added an ephemera piece to the page, in the place of one of the photos from the sketch.  I layered a few brightly colored labels under the edge of the patterned papers.  I also added a butterfly ephemera piece, stitching through the center and folding up the wings.  I always love doing this when using butterflies on a layout.  Next, I trimmed a narrow strip of the floral paper and adhered it across the top of the spread.


Following the sketch, I cut two triangular pieces of patterned paper and added them to the top of the page, punching a heart shape out of one of the papers.  I stamped a sentiment using the Traveler's Notebook Stamp.  Then, I added my photo on the right side of the spread, layering it over the patterned papers.  I trimmed a tag shape out of a book print patterned paper and tucked it under the photo, adding a piece of white twine for additional texture.


On the left side of the layout, using the Traveler's Notebook Stamp, I stamped some sentiments in black ink.  I typed my journaling, cut it into strips, and adhered it to page.  To complete the layout, I added a triangle-shaped piece cut from a book print patterned paper, punched a heart out of it, and backed it with a pink striped patterned paper.


Thank you for stopping by today!  I can't wait to see your take on this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment