Tuesday, July 7, 2020

PL Challenge with Shannon


Hey there, scrappy friends! Shannon here with a pocket page to share. For this page, I used the Wild At Heart July 2020 Life Crafted Kit4x6 Bailey Alphabet, Number, Month Stamp, 4x6 All The Feels Stamp, and July 2020 Traveler's Notebook Stamp. The July Life Crafted Kit is sold out but you can still get the pieces digitally!

I love the colors in this kit so much! I chose a 12x12 pocket page with all 3x4 pockets so I could use almost all of the journaling cards. I love that this kit came with two different alphas! These little block alphas are perfect for adding captions to my photos. Although I do seem to have a problem with getting them to go on my photos in a straight line!


I used the 4x6 Bailey Alphabet, Number, Month Stamp to add the date range to this page. This stamp matches the font of the alphas that are often included in the Life Crafted kits. I always appreciate font consistency! This leaves room for lots of mixing and matching of puffy and stamped alphas in the future. I also added a few enamel dots to the lines of the journaling card for a subtle monochromatic accent.


It just so happens that the "reasons to smile" has 6 spots on it and I had 6 photos. Meant to be! I added details about each of my photos to the card. I used the digital version of the card so I could add my journaling in Photoshop. I love doing that to fit in more journaling. I also used the July 2020 Traveler's Notebook Stamp to stamp the sentiment in the blank circle on the journaling card. I "split" the stamp by only inking the part that I wanted to stamp on each line. Then I covered the other part of the stamp with scrap paper as I stamped the image. I do this often to fit longer sentiments in short spaces.


To finish off the page, I used two sentiments from the All the Feels Stamp to add to the label on my photo. A couple enamel dots finish off the label and bring more orange into my page.


This kit is full of color but I didn't want that to overwhelm my page. I was intentional about choosing more neutral photos (black and white would have worked too). I was also intentional about choosing cards with more white space so it didn't overwhelm the eye. Then, once I chose those cards, I made sure they were spread out on the page. These small things let me incorporate tons of color without a chaotic look.


I hope I've inspired you to break out your cards and add punches of color to your pocket pages! Happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment