One of the things I love about the Life Crafted Kits is how they make it so quick and easy to put a spread together. Today I have this project to share with you featuring some of the journaling cards, stamps and ephemera pieces from this month's gorgeous "Wild @ Heart" Life Crafted Kit…
I was really drawn to the colours, especially the green, in the “LOVE” and “reasons to smile” journaling cards and I thought they co-ordinated so well with my full page photo.
For the “reasons to smile” card I used my typewriter to type out the text strips, cut them out and then adhered them into the spaces on the card. I then used my sewing machine to stitch across each strip. By using the strips instead of typing directly onto the card it added layers and texture to the card which is what I love on my projects.
The “LOVE” card is one of my favourites from the kit and I love the combination of colours! To add some lovely texture to this one I used a paper piercer to create stitching holes in each letter, then hand stitched each letter in matching embroidery thread. To finish it off I simply added the date using a date stamp from my stash.
For the full page photo I thought it would be fun to add a butterfly with a stitched flight path. I used a template from my stash to help pierce the curved line (although this could be done freehand too), then used some pink embroidery thread to stitch along to trail. The butterfly was adhered into place then I used my sewing machine to secure it onto the page. I love that the wings are still able to lift up creating some dimension.
At the bottom of the large photo, I decided to create an embellishment cluster. I used the leaf border stamp from the This Is Life “Wild @ Heart” Stamp Set with green ink and white cardstock to create a strip to go along the bottom of the page. I stamped a phrase from the same set onto a rectangular label, then stamped the word “Weekend” using the Bailey Alphabet, Number, Month Stamp set onto some white cardstock and cut it out to use on the larger pink label. The labels were then layered together and I also added some hearts and a little green enamel dot. A little machine stitching helped to finish it all off.
You can see more details in the process video below...
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing how this project came together!
Thank you for stopping by the blog today! I look forward to sharing another project with you soon!