Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial with Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira again for Tutorial Tuesday.  And I wanted to talk a little about inspiration.  Where do you find yours?  I am constantly looking towards other scrapbookers for my inspiration, but sometimes I like to grab my inspiration from unexpected places.



In fact, I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to "Instagram Walls".  You know what I am talking about, right?  Those gorgeous wall murals people seek out to get the ~perfect~ Instagram shot.

For today's layout using the "Twin Falls" scrapbook kit, I found a picture of a very colorful disco ball wall.  I loved all the elements of this wall mural and thought it would translate well to a scrapbook page.



I started by searching for a picture of a disco ball and turned it into a cut file.  Because my inspiration piece was yellow, I used the exclusive "Pathways" paper as my cut file.  Initially, I thought I would back my cut file but once I placed it against the white American Crafts cardstock, I was in love with the clean look it gave my layout.



I stitched down the vertical lines of my cut file with some white thread.  This added the perfect amount of texture without taking away from the cut file.  I placed my photo (of me and my two monkeys) in the bottom left corner of my layout since they are both looking towards the upper right corner of the photo.



I built three clusters around my layout using some fussy cut flowers from the "Belle" paper from Maggie Holmes, some die cuts from the PFS Escape the Ordinary paper die cuts and some of the foam hearts from the Amy Tangerine thicker pack.



You can watch my entire process below.




I hope you were able to gain a little inspiration from this layout and look outside the box when you are looking for even more!

xo, Kira

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Thanks for sharing your lovely inspiration!!! Love you page!! 💛 xo

    ReplyDelete