Monday, September 25, 2017

A kit for every season with Aimee Dow

I look forward to the change of seasons so much. This most recent transition more than most. As all you wonderful American ladies prepare yourselves for fall with a 'pumpkin everything' mentality (yeah... you should know the rest of us don't get that at all.) and the onslaught of holidays. I personally will be spring cleaning, letting the Eva play outside after what has felt like a very long winter and preparing for our own spring chick's arrival. This did however pose some what of a dilemma with Septembers kits - Stunning kits for sure, but a very autumn feel.  

So I thought today I would show you my recent layout with September's Kits with a bit of an unusual colour scheme. All I had to add from my stash was a tag and 2 rolls of washi to turn this page in to a decidedly spring page.


Neon Red! That's right just two pops of neon red washi and a tag grommet transformed this layout into a totally different season.


I did also have to glitter the title to match the page. While white to begin with I really liked the gold words in the packet, so I gave my title a coat of PVA glue and went to town with the glitter. I really like that it's a bit patchy. Suits the patches of sprinkles stuck to my child in the pictures.


I really wasn't aiming for perfect in this payout. I distressed a lot of paper edges. Theres an unintentional ink smudge somewhere but to me it just feels truer to the stage of life we are in at the moment.


Finally I bought it all home with a heavy dose of Marcy Penner Stitching and Spray Paint. If you're new to scrapbooking, do yourself a favour and do a search of Marcy Penner on Pinterest. That woman is my care free scraping idol - even though I know I'll never be able to fully let go like that.

Until next time, lots of love and scrappy goodness.

Aimee Xx




1 comment: