One of the very first things I always do to prep the page I'm going to work with is to coat it with gesso. Then use a heating tool to dry the gesso. For this page I wanted to use a couple of strips of tissue paper I had laying around.
To put the first piece of tissue paper down I used Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium and then I was able to crinkle the tissue paper a bit to add some texture. For the second piece of tissue paper I used Archival Ink from Ranger to stamp the word strength and set it aside so the ink could fully dry.
Then I started to build the layers. Adhering a couple of the leaf springs on top of the first piece of tissue paper. Next adding the second piece of tissue paper that was stamped on with the collage medium and also giving it a crinkled look. I thought the label would be perfect over the word strength but the label was to long so I cut it to fit better.
To finish the page I took the ribbon, included in the kit, and created a paperclip.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a blessed rest of the week!