Saturday, May 9, 2020

3 to Inspire with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am here with a 3 to Inspire challenge!  It's been a bit since I've participated in one, so I was really excited to bring you guys some fun prompts!  Here's my prompts for the week:

1.  Make it mini!

2.  Fussy cut

3.  Use stitching

And here's a look at my project:



Obviously I went as mini as possible with my project, but I challenge you to interpret the prompt however you want.  Maybe you normally scrap 12x12 and want to try a TN layout?  Or you could use a small 2x2 photo instead of a 3x4 photo.  I can't wait to see how you change it up to suit you! 



I started my project with this little wood sleeve that is an upcycled seed container from Target.  I used the May Add-On kit to embellish the front with patterned paper and foam thickers.  Inside the container is an accordion folded mini album.  I trimmed a piece of patterned paper down to 10x3.5 and scored it every 2.5".



To add some texture and interest to the cover, I stitched around the edges.  In hind sight, I should've used my stitching to add my pockets! (I used adhesive for my pockets, so learn from my mistakes! Ha!)



I embellished the inside of the mini album with lots of fussy cut flowers, postcards and paper airplanes.  I also added some more foam thickers, puffy stickers and and enamel dots (all found in the Add-On kit!).



I can't wait to see your interpretation of the prompts!  Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Kira. I have the same seed wood holder! I can’t wait to make something similar! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete