Wednesday, May 20, 2020

MORE WITH OUR GUEST DESIGNER: NICOLE MARTEL




Hello again! I'm back today with a few more layouts I created using the Citrus Twist Journeys kit. While we were at the beach we spent a day on the boardwalk. Edward had a blast playing in the arcade and then he spent the afternoon, hopping on the rides. He had a blast with his aunties.




For this spread, I used the die cuts, stickers and chipboard to embellish the squares with a few stamps. The floral card was a journaling card that I cut down to fit into the sleeve. I used the "coastal park" ticket and puffy heart sticker from a previous kit since it went with the color scheme. On the right-side of the spread, I cut the paper to measure 8"x4" and then used the Adhesive Page Strip to add it to the book. 





For the next page, I used the 2 3x4 pocket page to add my photo and journaling card. This was a super quick and easy way to get the page done... Just add a few embellishments and you are done. Sometimes, all you need is a perfect photo or two and a few embellishments to create a beautiful layout. 





Initially, I wasn't sure how I would use the camera lens die cut. I'm sure it's called something else, but I can't think of it at the moment. LOL... I decided to add it on this adorable patterned paper with the center die cut. 



These layouts were fun. I used a lot of embellishments here and just had fun. Honestly, I could not find my alphas while I was creating the other layouts. I didn't see them until I was working on the last few layouts. I decided to use up most of the letters on the layout. Then I added a few die cuts and the "This is how we roll" sentiment at the bottom of the photo. My family always says, " this is how we roll." :)




I layered several embellishments together to create this layout. I love how this turned out. The layout speaks for itself. I used the "joy in the journey" chipboard from another kit and then stamped the "A JOURNEY WELL SHARED" Sentiment below the chipboard. 




I punched holes in the Documented journaling card to use in my album as a journaling page. Then I used another 2 3x4 pocket sleeve to include the journaling card and picture with a few embellishments. I layered the "scenic route" chipboard using a cork embellishment from my stash and a scrap piece of photo paper.

 







For those of you who know me. I love BLUE. It's my favorite color. When I saw the paper, I knew I had to use it. It's so blue-tiful.  I added a little yellow to brighten it up a bit. The sun and bird journaling card was from a different kit. 

The journaling cards in this month's kit are lovely. I love them all, especially the sentimental ones.










Thank you Trina and Nathalie for having me this month! I had a blast creating these projects with the Journeys kit. 






We are so amazed by Nicole's creations! She has used our JOURNEYS kit beautifully in her album.  Remember to follow her on social media at Instagram, and also leave her some love here, too

Thank you Nicole for being our May  Guest Designer!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me! I enjoyed making these layouts with the Journeys kit. It's such a great kit!

    ReplyDelete