Saturday, September 28, 2019

3-to-inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a pocket page spread in your Life Crafted and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Use circles
  2. Add multiple patterned papers
  3. Create a see-through element
Here’s my take on this challenge ...


I decided to create a spread in my Life Crafted album for this challenge, almost entirely out of the pockets! I started by printing my photo full sized (5 x 8.25 inches) and adding my journalling to a circle in Photoshop. Then I chose 3 coordinating papers from the Life Crafted kit. I trimmed my first one down to fit onto the back of a previous layout and then trimmed the other two to 5 inches wide.


To create my see-through element, I placed my two papers back to back and cut a circle from both of them at the same time using a thin metal die. Then I grabbed a spare full-page Life Crafted page protector and trimmed off the side with the hole and some of the top to create a little pocket. I added sequins and then used some washi tape to close the top. 


I placed my first paper face down, positioned my pocket on top and taped it in place (making sure all the sequins were in the middle of the circle cut out). Then I glued my other paper exactly on top and stitched around the circle with my sewing machine a few times.


Once I had my holes punched, I added a title, another photo and a few stamps from the Let's Wander stamp set to my first page.


My last step was to create a little badge from the same stamp set on the back of one of my patterned papers and glue it to the back of my divider. The pattern shows through on the back tying the whole spread together!


Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!


No comments:

Post a Comment