Wednesday, September 25, 2019

"Find Joy" with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my Life Crafted album.  At the beginning of the year, I didn't have any set plans for these Life Crafted albums.  I thought I would just randomly do a layout here and there, and it would be a nice switch from my everyday scrapbooking.  But then I decided to use one as a vacation album, and I just fell in love with this size as a way to document events, rather than random stories.  So I am going to be using my teal one as my beach day album!  Here's a look at the layout I made today:



I love this subscriber exclusive cut file that says "find joy everyday".  I thought it worked perfectly with this photo of my youngest carefully observing a hermit crab on the beach.  He is totally obsessed with anything sea creature related, so seeing a crab in its natural environment in real life pretty much made his day.



To decide which paper I would cut out this cut file on, I first needed to decide on what products I planned to use.  All of my beach pictures are printed in color since I couldn't bring myself to dull out the vibrancy of the day by printing in black and white.  This means that its a tad harder to pick out a color scheme since I have to work with the colors in the photo.  So while looking through the papers from the Life Crafted Kit, I stopped on this pretty floral with pink, red, blue and yellow.  It was easy to find some papers to match, using both the Life Crafted kit and add-on kit for the month.



I used the floral paper to fussy cut some flowers out.  And I used the Signs of Life paper to cut out the cut file.  I layered the fussy cut flowers around the cut file, adhered everything down and then stitched around the cut file in pink thread.  I added more embellishments around the page from both kits.

On the reverse page, I used one of these pocket pages.  I used one of the 4x6 cards from the LC kit, and adhered my photo in the upper left corner.  I added some more fussy cut flowers to make the whole layout feel cohesive.  I added my journaling and a puffy sticker from the LC kit.



In the 2x4 spot, I fussy cut the library type cards from the Signs of Life paper.  I know that the study of crustaceans isn't technically entomology, but I thought it was close enough for the picture of the hermit crab.  I cut the library card down to fit, and added more fussy cut florals.  I added a tiny word sticker with some foam adhesive.



Here's a look at the entire layout again:



Thanks for stopping by!

Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment