Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Travelers Notebook Challenge with Diane


Hi Guys! Diane here with another Travelers Notebook Challenge for you!

I've seen a lot of geometric design floating around the scrapbook world lately and I've always wondered how they would translate into the smaller scale of Traveler's Notebooks. So, I challenged myself to give it a try and I'm challenging you to try it as well!


I've created quite a few projects with the "Around Here" Life Crafted kit this month so I only had a few bits and pieces and papers left over. Scrap are perfect for this challenge because they can easily be cut into little shapes. I created a small sketch for myself first to work out just how big the squares for my heart and my photo needed to be. The size I went with was 1.75 inches square.


I added dimension and texture to the paper pieces by stitching around the outside with my sewing machine before using a blending tool to add a shade of green around the outside edges to help them stand out on the background.


Speaking of backgrounds, before I stuck everything down, I added a coat of clear gesso and a few watered down splotches of sprays in the same green/teal tone as my papers.


Once I had my heart and photo adhered onto the background (I used Multi-Medium Matt because of the mixed media background), I built three clusters of embellishments using foam words, die cuts, stamping and enamel dots.


I really do love how easily the journaling flows once I put some numbers in front of it! Here's how this page came together in my TN...



I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge so don't forget to post your layouts in the Facebook Fan Page so we can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment