Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Suzanna Stein


Hey there everyone, Suzanna here! I'm popping in to share a Sunday Sketch with y'all. I'm not usually someone that follows sketches in my scrapbooking, but I'm always up for trying new things and for a little challenge. I'm excited to share the layout I created and hopefully inspire you to give the sketch a try also!


The thing I like about using a sketch for inspiration, is that you can adapt it to whatever size you prefer to work with, and whatever style you prefer. For my layout, I created a 9x12" scrapbook layout using the June Life Crafted kit.


I started by layering my papers behind my photo and across the page. Once my layering was complete, I slipped a couple labels into one of the layers to hold my stamping and the date. Instead of adding the strip and tab at the bottom, I flipped the design and added it to the top. Feel free to mix things up when you're working with a sketch - it's more of a guide than something you have to stick to 100% - that's what's fun about it!


I added both journaling and stamping below my main strip of layers, then went in with my stars. Among the stars, I added some gold splatters of craft mist to push the "messy" look a little further. I'm all about splatters!


I hope this layout and sketch give you inspiration for your next crafty project! Remember - it's totally okay to tweak the sketch to fit your style. I can't wait to see your take on this sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment