Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie



Hello everyone!
Nathalie here with the last sketch on June... Tomorrow a new kit will be revealed (and it is a beauty!), but before we get new goodies, let me show you how i made the most of my kits using this week's sketch as inspiration.  Here is this week's sketch:



It is a rather fun sketch, as soon as i saw it all i could think of was a grid  of some sort.   First i decided to use the sketch with the left over pieces from my Around Here  Life Crafted Kit in my Life Crafted album:



For this layout, i decided to divide the sketch in  half and follow it as close as i could.  Since the pictures are in color, i decided to chose rather neutral papers for the layers behind them.



The secret to balance the sketch was to keep everything at the same level/border.  So, once i had the limits marked, i used the typewriter to add my lines of journal, and then glued the layers in place.   I added the extra tag above the small strip of paper at the bottom of the picture to help balance the page.






I followed the sketch for the other side of the layout, but added a few things just so that it helped me tell the story of the pictures.   All the gorgeous ephemera pieces about "creatives" was perfect for this side, so i just added them to the clusters and then stamped some sentiments from some of this month's Stamp sets.   Love how easy it came together, but i tried the same sketch with the add-on kit for a 12x12 layout.





I wanted all those pastel colors in the Add on kit to create this page about my daughter's first horse-riding adventure. 




I started with creating the layers behind the picture using all the papers from the add on kit.  However the bottom layer of the pictures is one of the large Alpha pieces (Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection) as they had a vibrant and solid look to them.




To bring the grid look of the sketch to the page, i decided to mount my layers on a piece of vellum.  This helped with limiting the space for the layout, and made layering the papers much easier (a little chipboard and foam adhesive help to create the soft shadow behind the layers).




I wanted to keep the soft look of the page, so instead of adding those paper strips to the corners of the page, my  choice was to create a small shaker pocket.  For this, i simply used a ruler and penciled the rectangles, then hand stitched the rectangles and fill them with sequins.




To finish the page, I used one of the ephemera pieces from the Around Here kit in combination with the stickers from the add on kit, added a few gold ink splatters, and then added my lines of journal with gold ink (and smudge a bit of it with my hand, too).




Just love how these turned out using the sketch as the starting point for the layouts.  Now it is your turn to get inspired by the sketch and create a project of your own.  Remember to share your projects with us over social media (use #citrustwistkits or @citrustwistkits), we love to be inspired by your work.   If you have questions on how these came together, please do not hesitate to contact me!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment