Monday, June 24, 2019

Playing with Layers with Trina

Hello everyone,

I'm here today to share a 12" x 12" layout I made by mixing and matching the June Life Crafted and Scrapbooking Add-On kits together with a couple sneak peek elements from our July "Best of This Life" Life Crafted kit.


I love pretty layers so thought I'd show how I mix and match paper and embellishments to create them. I found an old box of photos of my mom (she's on the left) from her college days at Michigan State. I really enjoy using black-and-white photography against bright, happy colors. I pulled most of the elements from our June 2019 kits. Here is my finished layout.


If I am going to use mist or acrylics on my pages I always do this in advance of sitting down to build up my laters. I splattered some heidi swamp black color shine on my base page and stepped away for a couple of hours, giving it time to dry. I knew I basically wanted the layers in the lower left-hand part of my page, so I splattered my mist accordingly. The finishing touch to my layout was going in adding the punched stars and some sequins.


Here is a close-up of one corner of my layers. I started with a larger floral yellow piece of paper, layered it with a vintage dictionary page (from one of the vintage flea market kits in our shop), then continued building my layers up from there. The "tickets" are cut from a piece of 12" x 12" paper in our June 12" x 12" Scrapbooking Kit Add-on.


Here are close-ups of the layered tags.


I use my thumbnail to gently crumple the edge of the pattern paper.


Here is another peek at a few of the elements from our soon-to-reveal July "Best of This Life" Life Crafted kit:


Thanks for stopping by to check out my project. I hope this inspires you to build up layers on your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment