Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Create your own filler cards and kill that kit!

Hi Guys! Diane here to share how I killed the last of my June kit with you!


I love this time of month, when my new Life Crafted kit arrives and I get to dive into all the new goodies to share with you. But I often still have a WHOLE lot of my last kit still to use up. This month, I decided to challenge myself and try to kill as much of my kit as possible. 


Even after ALL the projects I've made throughout June, I still had a few bits and pieces left. So I created a few different filler cards as part of my 100 Day Project so I thought I'd share a few ideas for making your own!

1. Create pockets and shapes


By adding a smaller piece of paper on top of your card and stitching or gluing around three sides, you can create a fun little pocket for adding hidden journalling, extra photos or popping a few extra tags or die cuts into. I also love to use my metal dies to create fun shapes like tags and circles to either layer onto cards or use in projects at a later date.

2. Layer die cuts


The Life Crafted kits always come with a tonne of die cuts, so why not use them in bulk! Create a cluster of die cuts with a similar theme or colour scheme and pop them onto a pattern paper background. Or add them to one of the beautifully designed cards in the kit to add a little extra dimension!

3. Add fabric or paper ruffles


By adding extra fabric or paper trims from your stash, you can really add a lot of dimension and texture to your projects. I love adding tulle layers, either with or without sequins! And with a hot glue gun and some crepe paper, you can create fun embellishments for your cards in no time.

4. Create stamped patterns


I'm a huge fan of creating your own stamped patterns and the Life Crafted kit stamp and add-on stamps are always filled with gorgeous sentiments to add to patterned papers or even plain card stock to create your own totally unique design. Try stacking your stamps like bricks, stamping on an angle or adding multiple stamps to one pattern.

5. Add texture by stitching things together


I love using my sewing machine for crafting (in fact, I can't remember the last time I used it for actually sewing fabric!) but you don't need a sewing machine to add a lovely stitched texture. Try hand stitching or even holding things together with paper clips. Fold and rough up the edges a little and you immediately have added texture and interest.


These are such fun ways to use up the last little bits of your kits. If you don't need them straight away, you can either keep a pile of ready-made filler cards waiting for your next pocket page, or why not create a pocket letter with them? Its the perfect little 10-minute activity when you are short on crafty time!

So do you fully finish one kit before diving into the next one? Or can you just not wait when that new Life Crafted kit hits your doorstep?!

No comments:

Post a Comment