Friday, June 28, 2019

Life Crafted with Laura Rahel Crosby


Hey friends, it's Laura Rahel Crosby here today and I'm so excited to share one of the layouts I made this month using the Life Crafted kit. My favorite thing about the Life Crafted kit is that it is designed to work with any kind of project you want to make. You can use it to make traveler's notebook pages, pocket pages, traditional scrapbooking pages- whatever you want! It's truly about crafting the memory keeping projects of your dreams. And I love that adaptability aspect of the kits. Today I'm sharing a fun 8.5x11 scrapbook layout I made this month.



I've been super into warm colors lately with a 70's vibes- all the yellows, reds, and oranges. So I made this layout as my first attempt in exploring this new style direction of mine. I also played around with mixed media and am loving the result! I created a fun border down the left side of the page using one of the floral stamps from this month and a strip of tissue paper I had in a gorgeous blush and gold color. I also created a fun, painted background using gold shimmer acrylic paint that was watered down. The end result looks like a gorgeous yellowish-blush shimmer mixed media background for my photos which I adore.





The black foam phrases and icons in the June Life Crafted kit were perfect for traditional scrapbooking so I made my title out of that and added some of the icons across my page. You know I had to add journaling too- as I like to do that with 95% of my layouts! I used patterned paper and ephemera from the kit to mat my photographs. And I finished the page off with a couple of black enamel dots and some hand drawn hearts. I hope you have enjoyed this projects. Make sure you're following me over on YouTube so you don't miss any of the projects I make with my Citrus Twist Kits each month! Happy crafting, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment