Thursday, May 30, 2019

Traveler's Notebook Challenge with Suzanna


Hey crafty pals, Suzanna here! I'm back today with a traveler's notebook challenge for you! I'm still loving my Life Crafted album - it's TN size, but with the ease of pockets - so it's probably no surprise that I created a layout for my album!


First I'm going to share how I put the layout together, then I'll share the challenge items at the end of this post. As soon as I saw the blue adventure card in this month's kit, I knew I wanted to chop it up and use it across a TN sized layout. I cut the card right at the white line.

I placed the small half on a piece of white card stock that I cut down to size. The larger piece went on the right side of the layout, layered over a piece of patterned paper from the kit.


Behind the card, I scraped a bit of coral/peach colored acrylic gouache to add a bit of texture. On top of the blue card piece, I stamped a phrase from the stamp set in a light grey chalk ink over and over. I knew I would be adding my photo over this side, so I didn't worry about making it perfect.


I created embellishment clusters around the layout using puffy stickers, stamps, and die cut pieces from the kit. The flower cluster on the right page is actually one flower that I cut in half and layered, creating a floral bouquet look.


As with most of my layouts, I finished it all off with splatters of gold craft mist. I love when I open a kit and am immediately struck with ideas, based off a single item.

Okay, now for the challenge pieces! First, I challenge you to use your kit elements in new ways. If you want to get more specific, I challenge you to cut your kit elements to create new ways to use them! The second piece of today's challenge is using a bit of "mixed media" on your layout. This can be as simple as some craft mist and gouache, like I used here, or more intricate using your favorite mixed media techniques.


I hope this layout and challenge inspired you to use your Life Crafted kit in new ways. I cannot wait to see what y'all create!


No comments:

Post a Comment